Monday, January 5, 2009

Bus Tour Photos

It snowed this morning! Granted, it lasted all of ten minutes and most of it melted before it hit the ground, but for a girl from Southern California, that was definitely a new experience. Registration went fairly smoothly today, and now I have a school ID and email address. I also picked up a fourth class: Critical Film Analysis: Alfred Hitchcock. Sigh....however shall I survive London if I'm forced to take film classes? (Here ends the sarcasm). My new class met today, and we watched Strangers on a Train, which I had never seen before. Can I just mention how creepy Robert Walker is as Bruno Anthony?

Anyways, as promised, here are some of the photos from my bus tour yesterday. I will hopefully post the rest soon on Facebook and provide the link here.

London sure has some some interesting architecture; this building is called the Gherkin, so called because it looks like a gherkin--or in American, it looks like a pickle.


Another randomly shaped building:


But enough of the architecture. How about me? And how about Tower Bridge (okay, so still some architecture).


Right across the way was the Tower of London. The small opening that you can partially see in the second photo is reportedly where traitors were brought into the tower by boat.





Yours Truly in front of Buckingham Palace:


It was so cold out, part of the fountain in front of the palace had frozen over:



Yes, I went completely tourist and got my photo with the guard.



Just some of the Christmas decorations still hanging all over London:






That's all for now! I'll post the rest of my photos on Facebook when I have time!

2 comments:

  1. Love the photos and all the "tourist" shots. Looks like you are keeping warm enough. Sounds like your snow is what we get here -- looks pretty coming down but it doesn't stay around. Great class. Casper will get a kick out of that. STRANGERS is a fine film. Just saw it a few months ago myself.

    Keep warm.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This must be the modern architecture that Prince Charles likes to complain about (grin). Great photos! Pretty amazing to be watching Hitchcock your first class day in England. In your honor I'm watching the original 39 STEPS tonight!

    I hope you're able to see more Christmas lights when you go to the theater Tuesday. Hopefully they'll still be up since Tuesday is Epiphany.

    Love,
    Mom

    ReplyDelete