Saturday, January 10, 2009

Weekend Update

Hello all!

First order of business: I think I've finally sorted out my album sharing problems so that I can post the much-promised link to my photos from the bus-tour. They are located at:

London Bus Tour Part One
London Bus Tour Part Two

These links will take you to a page where you then click on the album title to actually view the photos. Let me know if there are any problems!

Another note of interest: I've dropped my geology class in favor of Architecture in London, a class that spends every other lecture in the city looking at examples of architecture discussed in the previous lecture. I figure that this is a once-in-a-lifetime chance to take a class like this, and I might as well take advantage of it!

The boat trip on the Thames was an amazing time! We had a two-decker boat all to ourselves, one floor being the buffet eating area, and the second floor being a dance floor, with an outside observation deck.

Some views from our boat:







That last one with the green laser is from Greenwich, and marks the Prime Meridian Line, which is the first of the many many time zones that go around the world.

Me and some of my new friends!



Thursday Night we went ice-skating at the Tower of London! Tickets were sold for one-hour skating sessions, and since the next few were already booked, we bought tickets for the 9 PM session and went to get food and wander about the area. After getting dinner at a little fish and chips restaurant, we found refuge in a nearby pub called the Hung, Drawn, and Quartered:





The inside had an interesting collection of replicas of rather famous portraits of various monarchs, as well as some people being led to the Tower for a less-than-pleasant fate.





When we finally got to go ice-skating, we had a blast!








See Caitlin post. See Caitlin post video.



The voice in the background is one of my friends who is glad that there are not "fifty little hockey-skating children" down there who could potentially run us amateurs into the ground.

Well, that's about it! Ta Ta for Now!

4 comments:

  1. ahh...but did you have a pint at the pub?

    ReplyDelete
  2. The video is so neat!!! Everything is neat!!! We are totally jealous (grin).

    Love,
    Mom

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am a regular visitor to your Mom's blog and she sent my an email about your London blog.

    Everything just looks so neat over there ... cold, but neat. What a wonderful opportunity for you. I'm looking forward to following your adventures.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very jealous of your awesome architecture class!!!

    Looking forward to hearing more from London :)

    Carina

    ReplyDelete